Water polo, like swimming, is a brilliant way to stay active and help towards improved fitness levels.
We are delighted to be hosting weekly water polo sessions at Jade Jones Pavilion Flint from Tuesday 15 February at 4:30-5:00pm. Juniors must be Wave 6 level or above to attend these sessions.
Here are five reasons to come along to Aura’s Junior Water Polo sessions:
1. It’s an all-rounder activity! Water polo can help toward a considerable increase in strength, resilience and speed, as well as improved coordination, orientation, and balance
2. Team work makes the dream work! The fact that it is a team sport means that water polo is a great way for children to socialise and develop social relationships in and out of the swimming pool
3. It inspires wellbeing and healthy values! Water polo is a discipline that inspires determination: it is a fun team sport which makes it perfect for encouraging values of sportsmanship, dedication, respect, and healthy competition
4. Exercise for the whole body! Similar to swimming, water polo uses all the muscles in the body and exercising in water makes your body work harder. As a result, 30 minutes in a swimming pool is worth 45 minutes of the same activity on land. In other words, it is a full body workout!
5. It’s fun! Without a doubt, the best thing about water polo is that it is a fun and exciting game that encourages physical activity and mental wellbeing
Plus, water polo is also a great activity for:
• Developing lung capacity in those who train for competing
• Burning calories: during a 30 minute intensive workout participants can burn over 200 calories, more than double that of walking
• Increasing your energy levels and boosting your mood!
For more information, please get in touch with Wes Billings by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up to date with all our swimming activities by following Aura Wales Swim on Facebook and Instagram: @aurawalesswim