Aura Leisure and Libraries Ltd
“More People, More Active Minds and Bodies, More Often”
- Are you enthusiastic about not-for-profit organisations?
- Are you a high calibre professional with experience in social business?
- Do you care about social values and can give back your expertise to our local communities?
- Can you help steer our future Leisure, Library & Heritage services with your passion and energy?
- Do you want to be part of an aspirational, innovative and dynamic organisation?
- Are you looking to extend existing or gain new Board experience?
YES? – This is a fantastic opportunity to support your local community and we want to hear from you!
Aura is seeking talented and experienced individuals to join the existing Board.
Aura is a charitable, not-for-profit, organisation which is responsible for managing the majority of leisure centres and libraries in Flintshire. This is one of the first of its kind in the UK, aspiring to be sector leading in the future.
Governance of Aura is provided by the Non-Executive Board, made up of local professionals who have committed to volunteer their time as they are passionate about sustaining and improving local leisure centres, libraries and heritage.
Aura has an extensive portfolio including leisure centres, libraries, museums, sports development, children’s play areas, health and fitness, exercise referral, swimming, ice rink, school activities and holiday clubs.
We welcome expressions of interest and applications from individuals with strategic and clear thinking skills, the ambition and dedication to drive Aura forward, an understanding and ability to evaluate both social and commercial issues, and ability to contribute effectively as part of a team and with innovative ideas.
We are looking to supplement the current Board skill set and are specifically looking for applications from those with current / previous Board experience and expertise in any of the following:
- Sport, Leisure, Libraries or Heritage
- Strategy and Business Planning
However, this list is not exhaustive and other appropriate skill sets are welcome.
Our Board positions are voluntary with appropriate expenses.
If you would like to discuss this role further please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com (Chair) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Chief Executive).
For an information pack please contact email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 31 August 2021.
Aura is an equal opportunities employer. It welcomes applications from all regardless of ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion/belief or age. We are committed to having a fully inclusive and representative Board.