Submit an EnquiryJoining the library is free to everyone, young or old, living, working or in full-time education in Flintshire. To become a member of the library all you have to do is complete an application form at the library or online and provide proof of identity (your name and address) in one of the following forms: Driving Licence; Electricity/Gas Bill; Pension/Benefits Book; Bank Statement; Building Society Book
If you apply to join online you will be able to reserve items as soon as you have registered, but you will need to show proof of name and address at your local library in order to collect your membership card and borrow any reserved items.
If you are under 17 you can join the library without ID and your card will be posted to your home address
At your library with your membership card you can:
- Borrow up to 15 items for three weeks at a time
- Renew items
- Request books (no charge for any book stocked by a Welsh library)
- Hire audio books and DVDs for £1.00 each
- Use computers to access the internet free of charge
- Benefit from free access to paid for reference sources such as Encyclopaedia Britannica Online and the family history website Ancestry Library Edition.
- Print out documents from a computer for a charge of 20p (black & white) or 35p (colour) per page
From home you can use your library card to:
- Renew items by phone or online
- Access a range of online reference sources and search our online catalogue
- Request books from our catalogue by phone or online
You will need your library card number and the PIN which goes with it to log on to library computers and for online transactions.
Keeping track of your loans:
Please be aware that Flintshire Library and Information Service does not send out reminders about overdue items to adults or children. To avoid paying fines you can renew your items online or by telephone or mail. We do not charge fines on items that are borrowed on a child’s card.