Applying for Library membership is free and easy to do. Members can:
- Borrow up to 20 items at a time for a 3 week period
- Renew items
- Request books for free (Charges may apply for items not stocked in Wales)
- Borrow Audio Books and DVDs (Charges apply and loan period may vary)
- Free Wifi and internet access at your Library
- Use the Library computers and scanning facilities free of charge
- Printing /copying facilities in the library, including WiFi printing (charges apply)
- Download free eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers, eComics in the library or from home.
- Access free online resources eg Encyclopedia Britannica, Ancestry Family History( Library Edition)
Join at your local Library
- Visit your local library with one form of identification that contains your address* eg Passport, Driving Licence or other Photo ID. *Concessions can be made for persons of no fixed abode following proof of identity.
- If you are a child or young adult, aged 16 or under you will require parent / carer permission to access the internet using library computers.
- Get instant access to our Digital Collection, which offers twenty four hour access to hundreds of eBooks, audiobooks, online information, digital magazines and comics.
- Following your first visit to the library with proof of ID, we will upgrade your account to full library membership enabling you to borrow books and DVDs, and access library computers.
- If you are a child or young adult, you will require parent / carer permission to access the internet using library computers.
Managing your Library Account
- When you register you will be given a membership number and also a PIN number
- You can renew or reserve items in any local library by phone or online
- You can manage your own library account online through ‘My Account’ on the Library Catalogue. You can renew your loans, check your holds, and update your personal details.
- You will need your membership number PIN number to log into your account online to access online resources and to renew or reserve items
- If you already have a library card, you do not need to join online. Simply log in with your library card number and PIN
Please note that charges apply for overdue items, items can be renewed at any local library, by phone or online
Forgotten your pin?
Contact your library or complete the PIN number form online. You will receive a reminder of your pin the next working day.