Flintshire library members can download audio books free to a computer or mobile device, including MP3 players, iPods, tablets and mobile phones. Choose from over 800 titles. (Due to technical issues these resources cannot be downloaded on the public computers in Flintshire libraries.)
Follow these simple steps to Get Started by opening a RBdigital audio book account:
When you open a new audio book account you will need to fill in an online form. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- your library card number
- your name
- your postcode
- your email address
- a username – this can be anything you want – try to make it something you will remember
- a password – you decide what this should be – try to make it something that you will remember and that is not easy for anyone else to guess
When you have created a new account you will be able to log in to it by clicking on the login option at the top right of the RBdigital Home Page. You will be asked to type in the username and password which you chose when you opened your audio book account.
Before downloading any audio books you will probably need to download the RBdigital Media Manager software which is available free on the RBdigital pages. This helps you to organise your audio books, transfer them to a mobile device and play the books on your computer.
- You can borrow up to 10 downloadable audio books at a time. It does not matter if you have other items such as books, CDs or DVDs already issued to your library card.
- Audio books are issued for three weeks, though you can return them earlier. They can be renewed up to three times.
- Downloadable audio books return themselves automatically when they are due back, so you do not need to worry about them being overdue. There are no fees or fines.
Get Started or log-in – Open a new RBdigital audio book account or log in to an existing RBdigital audio book account.
If you need help using RBdigital audio book downloads there is a Help facility on the web site. Using the Help tab at the top of the RBdigital page you can find a user guide, video tutorials, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and information on mobile devices. You can also submit a form to request technical support.
Submit an enquiry (will open an e-form)