The door to your library is always open with Aura’s new digital loan scheme
Here at Aura Wales we believe that libraries should be a welcoming and friendly space for its community in person and online. We feel passionate about providing our library members with many opportunities to get online and stay connected: that is why we are delighted to announce the launch of a fantastic new Digital Loan Scheme.
Available through local Aura libraries, the scheme allows customers to borrow a digital device for free. Once connected, the Aura team will be on hand to provide training and advice on how to get to grips with the digital world. The aim is to support residents to discover the many positive changes that can be made to an individual’s life by being online and connected.
Funded by the Welsh Government’s Community Transformation Fund, and delivered in partnership with Flintshire County Council, customers are able to loan a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 tablet from Aura’s libraries, together with the following accessories:
• 4G Wi-Fi (If you do not have internet access at home)
Aura Wales will also help customers to:
• Build digital skills and confidence to access online services such as shopping and banking safely
• Keep in touch with friends and family with video calling
• Access support and training in a number of ways:
Group Sessions – friendly six-week basic tablet training course
Library Drop In – Basic guidance to help you get started at your local library
Home Tuition – for Home Library Service customers
Online – access Learn My Way or the iDEA training programmes from home
• Access our Online Library services, including free eBooks and eAudiobooks
• Access resources to promote health and wellbeing including online activities and services
• Try before you buy – devices will be available to buy at the end of the loan period
Aura Wales’ Chair, Mrs. Sara Mogel OBE, commented: “We all know how important being connected digitally has become over the last two years. Some people have found they have been left behind due to either lack of equipment or expertise. Aura is delighted that we can offer people in Flintshire the technology and support they need to improve their digital skills in a safe way. One of Aura’s ambition is for more people to have more active minds and this project will help us to achieve that.”
Whilst the tablets are free to loan from Aura’s libraries, participants will be required to agree to the Terms and Conditions of the loan and to complete a questionnaire at the beginning and end of the loan period.
Anyone interested in borrowing a digital device should:
• Call into their local Aura Library
• Email: email@example.com
• Phone: 01352 704400