We are excited to introduce Aura Elite, our new exciting sponsorship package which replaces the North Wales Gold Card Scheme.
Aura Elite will launch this Autumn, with a new set of criteria which aims to benefit athletes through working with their clubs and National Governing Bodies, and supporting their individual needs.
Mike Welch, Managing Director of Aura Leisure and Libraries, said: “We look forward to launching our new sponsorship programme which we believe will be more inclusive and fit for purpose, aligning with our organisation’s strategic priorities. We are excited for the months ahead where we will be working with a range of partners to identify athletes and to support their sporting journeys.’’
The closing date for the first round of applications will be 30 September 2021.
Application details are also available via Aura’s social media pages: @aura_wales on Twitter, @aura.wales on Instagram, and @walesaura on Facebook.
If you would like any further information, please contact Matt Hayes or Hannah Tellet Davies via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aura Elite Athlete Sponsorship Selection Criteria
In order to be considered for sponsorship with Aura Leisure and Libraries, Athletes must be aged between 11 to 17 years of age on the date of application and will be required to provide a structured athlete’s sponsorship proposal which must include the following details;
• Details of how Aura as a company and brand will benefit from any potential sponsorship. I.e. media coverage including social media, competitions and events.
• An explanation of how you will uphold each of Aura’s five core vales
• A brief overview and athlete profile (tell us a bit about yourself, and your current relationship with Aura)
• List of all competitions entered this season (or your last full season) including a detailed breakdown, of the results, showing the full field and results, in terms of age category. We also need to know the number of athletes in the category, or your level of performance if part of a team and league structure
• List of future aspirations both in the sport and life in general
• Details of current World, National or Regional ranking if applicable.
• A supporting letter from the National Governing Body of your sport endorsing the application and outlining the reasons why, and what facilities they consider applicable as part of an individual training plan and/or
• A coaches report, detailing current development and training commitment
• Details of training requirements as far as Aura is concerned, including access to any fitness instructors or coaches who may support your journey
• A list of other sponsors and commitments to them
• A list in brief of all press releases from the past two years, along with the relevant links to the newspapers, magazines or websites where the articles appeared.
• An overview of social media and web presence (including number of followers etc on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter etc. and hits to websites)
We are looking for athletes that:
a. Will be/are a good ambassador for Aura and our talented athlete support and inspire others to achieve at all levels
b. Behaves in a professional manner at all training sessions and competitions (we expect professional conduct towards all staff, guests and fellow competitors from both athletes and parents)
c. Is dedicated to their training – especially here at Aura. We will be looking for athletes who attend training sessions here at Aura frequently and also those that will continue to do so.
d. Have a good social media/web presence and engagement and will engage with Aura via social media and other marketing commitments.
e. Have a high standard technical ability and follow coaching/training plans as instructed
f. Have positive and progressive coaches’ reports – highlighting future potential and training strengths and weaknesses
g. Have ambition and drive to progress – seen through training and competition plans
h. Have good results and ranking/potential – for those athletes that are already competing we also welcome season edits/videos as part of the portfolio.
All submissions must be sent to by e-mail to email@example.com by 30 September, 2021