With the festive season upon us, we have put together our very own Aura Advent Calendar, bringing together 12 well-being tips to inspire and encourage our members. Hopefully our top well-being tips will leave you feeling refreshed and energised, ready for a new year!
- Try a Studio Cycling Class at Mold, Flint or Buckley Leisure Centre: they run at different times throughout the week and are a brilliant way to exercise your whole body. Click here to view our fitness class timetable.
- Ask your librarian for a book recommendation based on the types of interests you have, they’ll be sure to help you find something that’s right up your street. It might end up being your new favourite book!
- Even with a healthy diet and lots of exercise, winter can still catch up with us! Take a trip to Afon Spa’s Pop Up Beauty Room based at Jade Jones Pavilion Flint for a warming pick me up. Treat yourself to a treatment, whether it’s your nails or a massage, the Pop Up Beauty Room is the perfect place to destress.
- Ask one of our fitness instructors to recommend a fitness class or new piece of equipment to challenge you as you work towards new fitness goals.
- Take up a Tai Chi Movements class at Jade Jones Pavilion or from home on Zoom. It is a group based class that uses slow, smooth body movements to relax both body and mind. It can also help to improve flexibility, balance control and fitness.
- Try something new! Why not join our ‘Reading Friends’ shared reading group via Zoom, where we get together to socialise and share reading recommendations. (For more information, visit the Aura Libraries Facebook page: @LlyfrgelloeddAuraLibraries or email Susannah.email@example.com )
- Mix up your midweek! Come along to an Aquafit, Yoga or Abs class at Jade Jones Pavilion Flint.
- Wind down after a busy day with one of Afon Spa’s homemade Aromatherapy massage oil blends, or explore the Spa’s range of beautiful Buddha Beauty products, available at the Afon Spa Pop Up Beauty Room.
- Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise: come along to an Aqua Fit session at Buckley Leisure Centre or a Family Pod swimming session at Jade Jones Pavilion Flint.
- Book a 1-2-1 personal fitness session with our qualified, friendly and professional fitness instructors to make sure you are on track to reach your fitness goals.
- Pilates is the perfect class if you are looking to improve your flexibility and strengthen your body: try a Pilates class at Buckley or Mold Leisure Centre!
- Listening to an audiobook is the perfect way to unwind after a long day. As an Aura Library member you can access hundreds of different audiobooks! Find out more here.
Connect with us on social media and! Find us on Facebook: @walesaura Twitter: @aura_wales and Instagram: @aura.wales