As of 14 September, it is mandatory in Wales for face coverings to be worn in most indoor places that are open to the public.
From this date it will be a condition of entry to our buildings and services that customers comply with these regulations.
However, there are exemptions:
• For anyone under the age of 11,
• For anyone on premises where food or drink is sold or otherwise provided, for consumption on those premises.
The regulations also state that where a person has a reasonable excuse a face covering need not be worn.
Examples of a reasonable excuse could include:
• You are not able to put on or to wear a face covering because of a physical or mental illness, or because of a disability or impairment;
• You are accompanying somebody who relies on lip reading where they need to communicate; or
• You are escaping from a threat or danger and don’t have a face covering.
Once in our buildings, if you are undertaking strenuous exercise, you will not be expected to wear a face covering.
However, whilst you are preparing to exercise, changing, or if you are undertaking any activity that isn’t strenuous, especially when in close contact with other people, you will still need to wear a face covering.
Please note that a refusal to comply with these regulations may result in Aura denying customers access to our buildings.