The current situation regarding COVID-19 is fast changing and, naturally, very concerning for everybody.
At present, Aura’s position is that we are continuing to operate all services as normal with the exception of the Exercise Referral Scheme (which has been suspended following national direction). Aura will continue to follow Government and Public Health Wales advice closely and, in the event of any future national direction on facility or service closure, will comply.
The health and well-being of our customers is of paramount importance. In line with Government guidelines, we are advising those who are at increased risk of severe illness from coronavirus (COVID-19) to be particularly stringent in following social distancing measures. This group includes those who are:
- aged 70 or older (regardless of medical conditions)
- under 70 with an underlying health condition listed below (i.e. anyone instructed to get a flu jab as an adult each year on medical grounds):
- chronic (long-term) respiratory diseases, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), emphysema or bronchitis
- chronic heart disease, such as heart failure
- chronic kidney disease
- chronic liver disease, such as hepatitis
- chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s disease, motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis (MS), a learning disability or cerebral palsy
- problems with your spleen – for example, sickle cell disease or if you have had your spleen removed
- a weakened immune system as the result of conditions such as HIV and AIDS, or medicines such as steroid tablets or chemotherapy
- being seriously overweight (a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or above)
- those who are pregnant
Aura values its loyal customers and requests that all service users adhere to the current guidance. Thank you for your continued support during this challenging period.
For further information visit: