Happy New Year to you all from everyone here at Aura Leisure and Libraries! Want a healthy start to 2019? Why not try something new! We’ve got plenty of fitness classes across our leisure centres from Zumba to Circuits, Kettlebells to Pilates: the list goes on! (That’s not to mention our fitness suites, swimming pools, bowling alley or Afon Spa!) Take a look at our top 10 Health and Wellness Tips to keep in mind this January:
- Keep organised! Make a note of when your fitness classes are or when you have time to get down to the gym; on the fridge, on your phone – whatever works best for you!
- Give yourself some personal goals to achieve, we are here to help you achieve them! Don’t forget about our Technogym Wellness App which helps you to track your fitness and development.
- Bring a friend along with you to the leisure centre or fitness suite for motivation and support!
- Know we are here to help! All of our instructors are here to help and what’s more – they want to! If you’re unsure of any equipment or would like some advice, just let us know and we’ll do our best to help.
- Keep hydrated in and out of the fitness suite! Plus, drinking water helps to sustain a healthy immune system – especially over these winter months!
- Give yourself plenty of time! Don’t put too much pressure on yourself to fit everything in; sometimes life gets in the way and that’s ok!
- Try to stick to a schedule! Having a regular routine can help in all aspects of day to day life and help you to stay on top of everything.
- Even with a healthy diet and lots of exercise, winter can still catch up with us! Take a trip to Afon Spa in Deeside Leisure Centre for a warming pick me up! It’s beneficial for mind and body: the perfect way to detox!
- Get your family involved! Swimming, ice skating, bowling – the list goes on! We’ve got plenty of family friendly activities that you can do together as a family. It’s a great way to keep the whole family feeling fit and healthy: start making some family memories for 2019!
- And lastly, the most important tip of all: Enjoy yourself! We will do our best to make sure our fitness suites and leisure centres are helping you have the best start to 2019!
So what are you waiting for, contact your local leisure centre for more information about gym inductions, fitness classes and lots more!